Friday, December 24, 2010

Days 7-8 (and probably 9): "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others."- Groucho Marx

It's hard to write meaningful blogs when nothing meaningful actually happens. I still associate myself as a college student and party with all my buds (mostly as a dd). Last night was just another one of those nights. I was supposed to go dancing with my mom (yeah, she raised me well :p), sister, and a few close friends but the place closed their doors (without notice, mind you) for a private party. WTF!!! Needless to say, that was a no go...but the party is never over for determined college students. (Well, ex-college student I suppose...). My mom returned home to await another night of possible dancing. I, with a steadily more drunk crowd occupying my car seats, decided to hit up a different place. It was definitely a more college student friendly bar with cheap liquor/beer, club music, and pool tables/darts. Interesting events occurred amongst my friends, but apparently I left, drunk friends in tow, before the real exciting stuff happened. Thank goodness it was my sister who had to deal with it and not me. ;-)

This morning my friend, who drunkenly texted me in the early AM (3AM), stood me up for breakfast. (No shit! Big surprise...) I was a tad disappointed, but nothing a blueberry bagel from Panera couldn't help cure. As I readied myself for the 45 minute drive down south to visit my boyfriend and his family, I had to make a pit stop in the Panera bathroom. I left the bathroom feeling more thankful to Jesus for toilets. As I was washing my hands in the wheelchair accessible bathroom stall (don't judge me...I still haven't had to experience the guilt of having someone in wheelchair wait for me to exit this luxurious stall), a black woman ran into the empty stall next to mine and I had to control myself. She was praising Jesus as she tinkled. I wanted to praise Jesus with her, or at least shout AMEN!...but all I could do was sip my chai tea as I walked out of the bathroom and try to control my chuckles.

Tomorrow is Christmas! "Praise Jesus!" ;-) Family, friends, and food. Amen, Amen. If anything interesting happens, besides having great presents or getting a brand new car in the driveway, I'll be back. Otherwise, Merry Christmas to all...and to all a good night!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment