Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 5: "You can only be young once. But you can always be immature. "

Regardless of how old we are, people will still fall prey to immature and childish behavior. One would wish with that with age comes wisdom. Truth be told, we're all guilty of it...some more than others.

Evidence numero uno: At the Bucs game this past Sunday, two older people (probably mid 30s) got into a pretty wild shouting match/argument about whose team was better. Really? Yeah, I wish the Bucs would have won the damn game, but I'm  not going to go to the nearest fan and instigate a fight. Sportsmanship...I learned to be a smiling sore loser.
Evidence numero dos: I was at the mall  yesterday (during Christmas time??? WTF were you thinking, LT-- good job). Anyway, I was at a 3-way stop sign where incoming traffic had the right of way. Well, no cars were coming and it was my turn to go and some butthole (to remove an expletive) ran the stop sign and then felt the urge to stick his hand out the window to flick me off. Meanwhile his child was in the backseat...Way to go, #1 Dad!!

Anyway, not all bouts of immaturity are bad. Some are rather entertaining and do provide some laughter. Hell, comedians make a living off of our immature and perverted sense of humor. It's all good, world. Gives me something to blog about.

~ You can only be young once. But you can always be immature. ~ Dave Barry

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. #1 dad - too funny. i think bry and i ran into him recently too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention he had a fireman sticker and license plate...-____- Must be an angry man.

    ReplyDelete